Instagram is a fun, visual social media network. It’s also one of the fastest growing networks with over 300+ Million active users.
This is the perfect time to learn how to sell on Instagram and promote your products or services.
Before I get into a few tips about selling products on Instagram, keep in mind that you want to stay away from being spammy.
I get messages on Instagram all the time from strangers that are practically begging me to buy their products. That’s not how to sell on Instagram. That’s spamming!
I have a few quick tips for you today to set a good foundation for how to sell your products on Instagram.
Video: How to Sell on Instagram
Tips for Selling Products on Instagram
At the heart of this visual social media network is trust and authenticity. Build a good following around your brand by always providing value to your viewers.
- Create a bio that draws people in. When people follow you on Instagram, your bio is usually the first thing that people see. Are you optimizing how others perceive you? Tell people what you do and keep it interesting and fun! Be sure to include a clickable link in your Instagram bio. This is the only place you can have a clickable link so don’t forget this! In your image descriptions you can guide people back to the link in your bio to take action.
- Showcase your products on Instagram. Don’t just take a boring photo of your product sitting on a countertop! Do things a little differently if you want to learn how to sell on Instagram. Include a photo of your product in action instead! If you are selling health shakes, show a photo of someone happily drinking one or mixing one up in their blender. Showing happy customers with your products will be more effective for selling products on Instagram. Be sure to write a good description and a call to action. Direct users back to your bio for the link to your website or capture page.
- Hashtags. Hashtags are used extensively on Instagram. Before you go crazy with Instagram hashtags, find a unique one for your brand. Once you get a loyal following, others will start sharing your hashtag too! On Instagram, hashtags are used to find images in search so be sure to create some that truly relate to your image.
- Engage with followers. Sometimes your followers or other Instagram users will comment or like your image. Be sure to respond when people comment. People like when you pay attention to them so don’t skip this step. It’s how you can build a loyal following of users that can convert to customers.
- Be consistent. If you want to learn how to sell on Instagram, put consistency at the top of your list. This means create an Instagram posting schedule and stick with it!
I’d love to hear your tips for how to sell on Instagram. Go ahead and leave a comment.
Leave a Reply